SOCKs Education Blog
SOCKs was established as a two-pronged approach to clinical research. We believe that research should be incorporated in everyday clinical activities. This allows us to flesh out research hypotheses, define standardized protocols for care, and evaluate short and long-term outcomes in patients. This type of environment encourages residents and students to learn about research methodology while training in a clinical setting.
SOCKs partnered with CPF in 2015 to bring the pediatric community into the research world via a Community Advisory Board. In order to assist in their desire to educate the community, the SOCKs team has created many wonderful blogs to share with the community (below). Please enjoy!
(Click on a title below to open the article)
- Wrestling with Cauliflower Ear: Hematoma Auris and Sports Injuries
- Something to Talk About: Effective Communication and Patient Care
- Breaking Down Brachial Plexus Injuries
- Parental Discrection Advised: A Parent’s Advice on Helping Your Child Navigate College Life with a Chronic Disease (Val Shirley Piece)
- All Hands on Deck: Spina Bifida from a Multi-Disciplinary Perspective
- Scoliosis and Self Esteem
- Sledding and Traumatic Brain Injury
- Personalized Medicine
- 2015 Research: Changing the game of concussion treatment
- Composed with the HTML instant editor. Please purchase a HTMLg subscription license to stop adding promotional messages to the edited documents.