Front Desk Medical Receptionist
Terrace Pediatric Group
· Welcomes and greets all patients and visitors, in person or over the phones
· Answers the phone while maintaining a polite, consistent phone manner using proper telephone etiquette
· Responsible for keeping the reception area clean and organized
· Registers new patients and updates existing patient demographics by collecting patient detailed patient information including personal and financial information
Collect Co-pays and payments on account
· Verify Patient’s Insurance Eligibility
· Facilitates patient flow by notifying the provider of patients' arrival, being aware of delays, and communicating with patients and clinical staff
· Responds to patients', prospective patients, and visitor inquiries in a courteous manner
· Daily phone calls to patients for appointment reminders
· Protects patient confidentiality by making sure protected health information is secured by not leaving PHI in plain sight and logging off the computer before leaving it unattended.
Education: High school diploma or graduation equivalency degree (GED). Knowledge of clinical procedures usually obtained from a certificate or Associates degree in a clinical program including anatomy, physiology, phlebotomy, first aid, and medical terminology. Knowledge of office procedures usually obtained from a certificate or Associates degree in a business program including administrative processes and procedures, claims processing, preparing patient charts, and basic computer skills.
Experience: Entry level, previous office administration or receptionist experience or a minimum of one year work experience in a medical office setting.
Telephone etiquette, customer service, basic word and excel programs, time management, multi-tasking, organization, scheduling
Submit resume to: tpg316@ Comcast.net
ATTENTION: Sherese Collins
MISSION STATEMENT OF TERRACE PEDIATRIC GROUP
A dedicated, compassionate community of professionals striving to achieve the highest quality of care and education to our patients and their families.