At the heart of Christian Family Medicine and Pediatrics is a team of seasoned professionals that includes providers, nurses, patient representatives and administrative staff who make it possible for us to provide quality medical care to our patients. We strive to provide our employees with an exceptional work environment as well as professional experiences that will help them learn and grow in their areas of expertise.
We are seeking a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant to join our Kids Are Special Pediatric Clinic in Shelbyville, TN! We offer a very competitive compensation package including, health, dental, vision, company paid life insurance, generous PTO package, 401(k), bonus opportunities, and much more. We are certified as a Great Place to Work!
Practitioner Duties and Responsibilities:
· Facilitate new patient consultation and health history review.
· Perform physical examinations and screenings of patients.
· Order and administer tests including blood-work.
· Review and interpret test results.
· Diagnoses health problems.
· Detect changes in patient condition.
· Administer medications.
· Operate medical equipment.
· Recommend further treatment options or future appointments if needed.
· Provide referrals to other practitioners when necessary.
· Provide after-care/ongoing care information and resources to patients and their families.
· Ensure patient records are kept up to date including test results, immunizations, condition changes, etc.
· Consult with other healthcare professionals as needed.
· Deliver quality, physician-level care while complying with company policies, safety regulations, and productivity metrics.
Practitioner Requirements and Qualifications:
· Master’s degree.
· Current state license.
· Strong knowledge base of HIPAA and OSHA.
· Rural Health Care Experience a plus.
· Bilingual - English/Spanish a plus.
· Strong interpersonal communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Ability to operate as part of a team, alongside physicians and other nurses.
· Proficiency in medical instruments and equipment.
· Prescriptive authorization required.
· Disease prevention knowledge required.
· Minimum 2-3 years as a Pediatric Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant.
If interested, pleas apply at this link: https://christianfamilymed.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=72