Position Summary: Position will be responsible for insurance claims follow-up; working denials and appeals; coordinating revenue cycle management procedures in conjunction with Billing Manager. Position also will be responsible for assisting with care coordination efforts following PCMH requirements and guidelines.
- Maintains professional appearance and has positive team cooperation at all times.
- Assists with registration and medical records when needs arises.
- Verifies and completes charge information in database and produces billing.
- Processes and distributes copies of billings.
- Maintains required billing records, reports, files, etc.
- Collects account balances and speaks with parents concerning billing charges.
- Posts payments and balances daily and monthly.
- Collects balances and maintains accounts.
- Follows up on unpaid insurance claims and/or denials
- Maintains confidentiality.
- Attends educational meetings as needed/approved.
- Keeps up to date on all payer payment policies on a monthly basis
- Keeps patient rosters with payers up to date in systems
- Follows up on claims issues.
- Covers front office when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Coordinates patient care services for selected patients across the continuum of care through collaboration with the patient and family and health care providers in achieving optimal patient outcomes.
- Knowledge of Pediatric Immunization and Well Visit Schedules
- Participates in clinical quality activities and facilitating implementation of clinical best practices.
- Developing relationships with patients as an integral team member.
- Develops and documents workflow for the PCMH delivery model and the reporting of outcomes.
- Participating with project team and Performance Improvement staff to develop and document workflows and protocols for the delivery model.
- Knowledge of billing practices and clinic policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of coding and clinic operating policies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to work with physicians and other professional colleagues.
- Ability to collect data, generate reports, and provide analysis.
- Comfortable working with computers and with EMR (AllScripts is a plus).
- Proficient skills in computer programs.
- Skill in using a calculator.
- Proficient in Microsoft applications including Word and Excel.
- Verbal and written communication skills appropriate for a professional environment
- Demonstrated organizational and time-management skills.
- Effective problem solving skills
Experience: Minimum of two years medical office billing experience in a health care organization (pediatrics preferred).
Job Type: Full-time
*** Email resumes to DeAnn Hunnicutt at firstname.lastname@example.org