Send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Summary: Support the provision of comprehensive pediatric care and wellness programs utilizing an understanding of pediatric population and work environment. Processing patients and families through registration and appointment processes in a confidential and professional manner.
· Assists phone triage with appointment bookings and phone messages in the electronic medical record. Ensures preferences are given to patients in emergency situations. Maintains timely flow of patients and records.
· Greets all patients and visitors with a smile and positive attitude/demeanor and escorts, when appropriate, to other areas of the office.
· Responds to and refers incoming telephone calls appropriately including documenting in the electronic medical record.
· Attends required meetings and participates in committees as requested.
· Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations, when appropriate.
· Maintains patient confidentiality.
· Performs related work as directed by supervisor, administrator, physicians and nurse practitioners.
· Assist Medical Records Coordinator to upload all faxes from faxes and scans folder on network to AllegianceMD for assigning to appropriate provider for signature.
· Assist Medical Records Coordinator to print all forms that need to be completed and give to Triage area nurses for completion. Assist when appropriate.
· In Medical Records Coordinator’s absence, clean out each provider’s folders in am, noon, and pm, separate accordingly, and file accordingly.
· In Medical Records Coordinator’s absence, check phone messages for medical records and respond appropriately to them often throughout the day.
· In Medical Records Coordinator’s absence, scan paper records and assign to providers on a current and daily basis.
· Perform double check procedures on all scanned documents.
· In Medical Records Coordinator’s absence, check portal several times throughout each day to process any records that have been sent over.
· Lock/Unlock doors
· Turn on/off the televisions in the waiting areas.
· Turn on/off the lights in the waiting room areas.
· Be able to login and perform efficiently in all software programs utilized to maintain patient records and eligibilities.
· Verifies all demographics data on patient at every visit and/or telephone contact.
· Collects on account balances and deductibles/coinsurance/copays at every visit.
· Provides school/work excuses for patients for current day unless approved for more by provider of care for current day.
· Performs and responsible for balancing procedures for cash drawer and monies received for the day.
· Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma
Two to four years of experience in a medical office environment in pediatrics is preferred.
The individual must be able to personally communicate use the telephone effectively and communicate both professionally and clearly both verbally and in writing. The individual must be able to demonstrate professional decision making and problem solving skills.
The individual must be able to analyze and constructively solve problems related to the position.
Must be able to move from one location to another, lift and push, speak, hear, travel when needed, and use a variety of office equipment including heavy computer usage/typing. Job requires standing and walking for extensive periods of time. Occasionally requires lifting and carrying items weighing up to 20 pounds. Requires correct vision and hearing to normal range. Requires working under stress in emergency situations and occasionally may involve irregular working hours.