Dear Healthcare Provider
TRUMENBA is now approved for use in the United States.
TRUMENBA is a new FDA-approved vaccine indicated for active immunization to prevent invasive disease caused by
Neisseria meningitidis serogroup B in individuals 10 through 25 years of age.1
Now, with TRUMENBA, you can help protect adolescents and young adults from serogroup B meningococcal disease.1
TRUMENBA is now available. To order TRUMENBA, call 1-800-666-7248, visit www.pfizerprime.com or contact your wholesaler.
For the latest information about TRUMENBA, visit TRUMENBAhcp.com/DM2.
• Trumenba is a vaccine indicated for active immunization to prevent invasive disease caused by Neisseria meningitidis
serogroup B. Trumenba is approved for use in individuals 10 through 25 years of age
• Approval of Trumenba is based on demonstration of immune response, as measured by serum bactericidal activity
against four serogroup B strains representative of prevalent strains in the United States. The effectiveness of Trumenba
against diverse serogroup B strains has not been confirmed
IMPORTANT SAFETY INFORMATION
• Severe allergic reaction after a previous dose of Trumenba is a contraindication
• Individuals with altered immunocompetence may have reduced immune responses to Trumenba
• In clinical studies, the most common solicited adverse reactions were pain at the injection site (≥85%), fatigue (≥40%),
headache (≥35%), muscle pain (≥30%), and chills (≥15%)
• Sufficient data are not available on the safety and effectiveness of using Trumenba and other meningococcal group B
vaccines interchangeably to complete the vaccination series
• Safety and effectiveness has not been established in pregnant women
Reference: 1. Trumenba [prescribing information]. Philadelphia, PA: Pfizer Inc; October 2014.
Meningococcal Group B Vaccine